Monday, February 28, 2005

A Letter to Annette Benning



Dear Annette,

I just wanted to drop you a little note and commend you for holding your shit together Sunday night at the Oscars.

I saw your movie “Being Julia” and I have to say that I thought it was awesome. I’m not kidding. You were a total tour de force. I also saw “Million Dollar Baby” and I have to say that you had some serious competition from Oscar darling Hilary Swank. Everybody knew it was between you two.

You handled it really well when Hilary won again this year, especially considering that Hilary won the Oscar in 2000 when you were nominated for your performance in “American Beauty.” I would have been tempted to pull a Tonya Harding on Hilary’s ass and beat her knee with a tire iron until she let go of the eight-and-a-half-pound statuette.

Anyhow, love and kisses for your fabulous performances. Don’t give up yet, baby. There has to be some year when you can pry that thing out of Hilary’s hands. Your day is coming.

Always,
Josh