Thursday, February 10, 2005

'Desperate Housewives' Star Marcia Cross Insists She's Not A Lesbo, Okay, So Back The Hell Off



BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.—Last week a rumor circulated through Hollywood and the press that somebody on the ABC hit “Desperate Housewives” would come out of the closet on screen and perhaps off screen as well.

“But why did the suspicion hit me?” asked Marcia Cross, the actress who plays uptight housewife Bree, while having a drink at Beverly Hills restaurant The Ivy.

Cross ordered another martini and took a long drink. “I mean, why? What? Why me?” In one fell swoop Cross finished the martini and slammed it down on the bar. “Do I look like a lesbo?”

When Cross’s publicist, Tracy Gutlieb, tried to lead Cross from the table by her elbow Cross shook Gutlieb off.

“No, no, I’m not leaving yet! I want to know! I want to know!” Cross yelled. Kirsten Dunst and Jake Gyllenhaal, sitting at a nearby table asked Cross if they could help her.

“No you can’t help me you f**cking heterosexuals! Everybody knows you two bone each other all the time now that you’re back together. But what about me? Everybody thinks I want to go get it on with a goddamn vagina!”

Gutlieb smiled thinly. “Okay,” she said, “I think we’re out of here.” Gutlieb guided Cross out of The Ivy and into a waiting car.

“I’m not gay,” Cross mumbled again as Gutlieb pushed Cross into the backseat and shut the door.