Thursday, February 17, 2005

‘Dirrty’ Christina Getting Married, Hopes She Can Get Hubby on Cover of Magazines Like Britney Did for Kevin



NEW YORK—Christina Aguilera got a Valentine’s Day surprise when two-year boyfriend and music producer Jordan Bratman proposed marriage to the 24-year-old pop diva.

“My God, I couldn’t believe it!” Aguilera told the Associated Press Thursday. “I guess now that Britney is married I felt like it was time for me to be married, too, you know? It just felt like it was time.”

Aguilera’s staff has reportedly contacted Details magazine and expressed interest in having Bratman appear on the magazine's May cover.

“When he asked me to marry him I just started crying!” Aguilera said. “It just made me want to do a pole dance or sing that song I did for Disney’s ‘Mulan.’” Aguilera smiled and brushed a strand of curly blonde Marilyn Monroe hair out of her face. “I guess the whole thing just makes me feel like the genie is finally out of the bottle.”

Aguilera’s new album is due out late this year and, she says, the wedding will happen once the album is finished.

No word yet if Aguilera and Bratman will wear Juicy track suits after their wedding like Spears and Federline, but when the Associated Press called Juicy to inquire about possible track suit apparel for Aguilera’s nuptials a public relations officer simply giggled and said, “You’ll just have to wait and see.”