Friday, April 22, 2005

I Spy


I sort of fell in love with the idea of them.

I was at Chipotle on campus eating a nummy chicken burrito after seeing "Sin City" downtown when they walked in. My jaw dropped. I had to focus on chewing. Really.

I found them beautiful--these two guys who walked in, ordered burritos, and were so well-dressed and playful. Crazy music played on the huge speakers in the restaurant (as usual) and they sort of dance/strutted to the soda machine together. Suddenly the taller one (the guy on the right in the picture above) started playfully dry humping the other guy in front of the soda machine. The other guy went with it and started laughing.

I tried to figure out if they were gay or straight. I couldn't tell. But I also don't think I really cared.

They sat down to eat their burritos and I did something I've never done before. I surreptitiously slipped my brand new Canon Elph out of my messenger bag, turned off the flash, and snapped three pictures. I wanted to remember them. Plus I knew Josh K. would quiz me about the boys later when I told him the "hot guys at Chipotle" story, and I wanted photographic evidence.

It's true. I spied. Does this qualify me for junior paparazzi status? Should I be applying for a job with Us Weekly?