Thursday, April 07, 2005

Chasing the Big Interview

Trying to land an interview with Matthew Shepard's mother, Judy Shepard, is no easy feat. At this point I've talked to her press reps based in Wyoming and with Keppler Associates in Arlington, Virginia, where she has an agent who books her speaking engagements.

Judy Shepard is going to be on the University of Minnesota campus Friday, April 15, and I'm trying to nail down an interview with her before she arrives on campus.

Dealing with press reps and agents requires thick skin. It also involves many, many phone calls, guard dog receptionists, multiple e-mail campaigns, and patience and persistance in spades.

But if this interview goes through I might just have the interview that could put me on the writing radar.

Stay tuned, fair readers. If I land the interview you'll be the first to know, and you'll be first to read the exclusive interview. :)