Thursday, May 12, 2005

Friday Treatz, Vol. 3


Josh K. and his stepmother in the British Virgin Isands. Can you guess which one is which? (Hint: Josh K. is not wearing a bikini)

The last couple of days in Minnesota have been a disappointing series of cold rainshowers and near-freezing temperatures. To combat this trend, I tried to tempt summer into rearing its beautiful head by wearing flip-flops, but my toes were so wet and cold that they started to numb.

Angry and sad that my feet turned out to not be omnipotent, I shoved my shit back into a pair of shoes. But while I'm waiting for it to warm up (so I can bare my ugly feet without fear of frostbite!), it's comforting to look at photos of the times when my feet were not only bared but bathed in tepid turquoise waters. Note my stepmom's strategic positioning of her legs so that her thighs look thinner. Clever bitch.


Just to confuse the shit out of laymen like me, someone thought it would be a tricky idea to make something as insanely cool as this. It just keeps going, y'all! Amazing! But how'd they do it?!


What five years of college will do to your checking account.

Josh H. addendum:

Last night I discovered the dark side of fine dining. At The Restaurant (you know, the hot hip one downtown where I work?) somebody peed all over the bathroom floor and I got asked to do the honors of moppin' it up. The host looked at me sympathetically and said, "I'm so sorry." It was the first icky thing I've had to do there. Luckily they had a huge mop and it only took a few strokes and it was gone.

"You know," the chef told me, "some people have a fetish about peeing and having other people clean it up. They get off on knowing that somebody else will have to see it and mop it up." He told me he knew this because he's worked in the industry for years and it happens all the time. Who knew? I thought it was more funny than anything else.


Left to right: Michael, Ani, Josh H., and Vanja

In happier news, though the weather may be crappy outside, it's warm inside with a crew of friends at lunch. College is famous for long lunches with friends, and this one was my last. Cheers, kids! Here's to a fine four years.