Friday, May 06, 2005

Friday Treatz, Vol. 2


Remember this guy? He was featured in a series of Gap commercials about six years ago and he's really, really hot. I still miss watching his luscious lips part as he mouthed the lyrics to old pop songs while I helplessly watched my own lips part as I mouthed the lyrics to "Hero" by Mariah Carey. You win some and you lose some.


I know this looks like a painting, but it's actually a really cool outdoor room/space/sculpture behind the Walker Art Center in the new addition to the sculpture garden. To get to it, you have to walk through a long hallway that takes you underneath the lawn and into a large, open room with a gaping square hole in the ceiling. It's really beautiful and peaceful, unlike my grandma, whose large, gaping hole provides nothing but problems.


Did I ever tell you that a couple years ago I followed one of the Carlson twins around Rosedale shopping mall? Yeah, well, I totally did, and I think he was not very happy about it. As if I cared. By the way: he seemed short. And gay. As in actually gay, not just special needs. Like, he held his flip phone to his ear as if he was cupping his chin with the palm of his hand, similar to the way a lot of high school seniors cup their own chins for those extra-classy senior photos they hand out to all their friends with "I can't believe we're done!" written on the back. I did it, too, but I wrote "Actually, I'll probably never call you, so don't bother giving me your number. P.S. You're really annoying and I'm glad I won't ever have to see you again." Okay, so maybe I didn't really write that. At all. But I sure was thinking it.

Josh H. addendum

The farmer's market yesterday was absolutely gorgeous. Every Thursday they have fresh flowers, ripe fruit and delicious veggies downtown on Nicollet Avenue, stretching several blocks. This section of the farmer's market is right in front of the IDS Tower (the tallest building in Minneapolis) and in front of the Ermenegildo Zegna boutique. I love the mix of having a farmer's market in front of a skyscraper and a high-end clothing boutique. The weather was gorgeous, the sky was blue, and the scent of fresh flowers and ripe fruit filled the air. I fell in love with Minneapolis all over again.


Okay, aparently something about eating at Chipotle turns me into a spy. Yesterday I couldn't resist snapping a picture of these (transgendered) girls at the Chipotle on Nicollet and Eleventh. The one on the right was really fabulous and quite pretty. They were having a ton of fun and I wanted to join them for lunch and get in on the jokes and gossip.