Monday, June 06, 2005

Post-LSAT Therapy


My favorite girl, Miss Vanja (pronounced VAHN-yuh), took the LSAT exam today and we decided to go out for dinner and drinks tonight to celebrate her fabulous achievement. Once upon a time I, too, was planning to go to law school and took the Princeton Review LSAT prep course and all of that (scary as hell) stuff, so she knew I'd understand what a big deal it really was to survive the LSAT and come out alive on the other side.

We hit Uptown with the plan of going to Figlio's, but when we got to Uptown we discovered that the power was out for several blocks and that many of the local businesses had closed early for the night. Thus we got in my car, called The Restaurant, and landed a table at the packed establishment. (Yes, packed even on a Monday at 10 p.m.) We immediately ordered drinks and a bevy of food and laughed the night away.

And, yes, we're wearing the same outfit in male/female versions. That happens to us a lot and it is never, ever planned. It's safe to say that Vanja is the woman that I would be had I been born with a rack (she's got a great one) and the other assorted matching private parts.